3.01.2010

[ what month is it? ]

It's March already!
And because it's the first of the month, I think it's only appropriate to smother you with adorable kitter pictures.

Isn't she just lovely?


Bo is such a good cat now. He's become a little cuddler, too. He's much healthier. And happy. Can't you tell?

She stayed in this basket for a good 20 minutes. She was determined to fit in there, too. She's a ChubbO, like her mama!

So, there's that.

Also, I just thought I would let you all know that we haven't had to purchase toilet paper since we moved to Wonju at the end of August. And I'm pretty sure we won't have to for the rest of 2010. Because in Korea, it is tradition to bring a big fat pack of 24 rolls of toilet paper, boxes of Kleenex, or laundry detergent to housewarming parties. The toilet paper is significant because it's something you unroll. The Korean word for unroll, poolda ( 풀다 ) not only means to pull, but also it means to solve. It's a sign that everything will be solved and settled in your house. (I mean, when I sit in the bathroom for a while and then I unroll the toilet paper, I definitely have an overwhleming sense of resolution.) And in the case of laundry detergent, because you only use a little to clean a lot, it's a symbol for prosperity. I guess. That's what Kenny says anyway.

We haven't had any housewarming parties. But every time someone visits our house for the first time, they bring these gifts. Mostly, we get toilet paper. I'm loving it.

[ Make sure you click over to Wonju Wife to see the new March design! ]
blog comments powered by Disqus
Blog Widget by LinkWithin