10.12.2010

Chuseok: To Grandmother's House We Go


During Chuseok, which feels like ages ago now, we took a trip to Kenny's grandmother's house. It's his mother's mother, whom I had never met before. She lives in an ancient house with an outdoor toilet and a wild garden out front, where we found huge pumpkins and the tiniest watermelon I've ever seen. We also visited one of Kenny's uncles. He owns an apple orchard out in apple country. It was a beautiful few days. Here are the belated pictures!

Kenny's maternal grandmother. We asked her how old she was. She said, "I'm in eighth grade, second semester." She's 82, lives by herself, and still cooks massive amounts of food for holidays.

I wasn't joking when I called Cheong Song apple country. Seriously, check the bus stop!

And everyone wonders why Adam ate the apple.

My favorite picture of the weekend. Is it wrong that my favorite picture is of me?

"Shoot an apple off my head."


This is Jusanji, a lake where the trees grow out of the water. This is actually extremely rare. Usually, when trees grow in water like this, they die. But these are alive. It's not that spectacular in this photo, perhaps, but it's pretty cool in person!

So, it's a little late, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't leave me lots of comments anyway. Am I right?
blog comments powered by Disqus
Blog Widget by LinkWithin