Do not believe this picture. I was not this happy all the time. Rare moment on our trek. With our guide CB somewhere in the Annapurnas.
I am sorry that I haven't been writing about all my great honeymoon adventures here regularly. But when you're in a country with limited electricity (only 8 hours a day and in 4 hour increments, sometimes while you're asleep) and where you have to pay to use the internet by the hour, it makes doing more than emailing the mumsie and checking the Book of the Face a bit tedious.
But I am thinking about you often, and during my 12 day Annapurna trek (in which I reached Annapurna Base Camp, world rejoice!!), I longed for the days I was stuck in my lovely Seoul apartment with no mountains to climb and only being concerned with what to blog about! I promise that once I reach the homestead in the States that I will dutifully update you as to my many misadventures WITH PICTURES because my husband is freaking awesome with the camera!
For now, a small list to tide you over:
1. Got my hair locked in Bangkok. Incredibly smart idea because it made the showerless mountain trekking much more bearable.
2. On the first day of our trek, I lost all our money and my passport.
3. Our guide, Cholandra, is the best guy EVER and I feel like I have a Nepali brother.
4. After a few days of being jerked around by the bus driver and an entire 8 hours at the Tourist Police office, we got all my money back. And someone had turned in my passport to the Embassy.
5. In Pokhara, there were cockroaches in our hotel room. Big ones. Plural. IN OUR BED.
6. I am currently stuck in Kathmandu waiting on my Indian visa.
7. Today at Pashupati (sp?) we watched a cremation.
8. Yesterday, I was almost attacked by an old cranky monkey. And I saw a puppy! Tiny!
9. I am kept awake nightly by the live music in Thamel. Earplugs do not help.
10. My husband is amazing.
More later, lovelies!
There were lots of puppies and kitties on the way to Base Camp. It made my life a little brighter. Also, you can see my new hairdo here!